Friday, June 24, 2016

11th Step Morning Meditation Short Guide Quick Reference

Here is a short "how to" guide for AA's 11th step morning meditation. 


Here I hope to provide the 11th step morning meditation instructions in a short and easy to follow guide that can be used each morning.

  1. Pray: God I humbly ask you to direct my thinking. Please divorce my thinking from self pity, dishonest and self seeking motives.
  2. Think about your plans for the day: Make a mental or written to do list of your plans and think about anyone you may meet, speak with or deal with. Think about how God would like you to be with them. Think about how you will act today as a person who has turned their will and life over to the care of a loving and kind Higher Power. What will you say? How will you act? What will you do now that you are putting the spiritual principles of AA in your life? How will you apply love, tolerance, kindness, forgiveness and patience to events and relations with others throughout the day?
  3. If you have uncertainty or indecision about what to do or how to be in a situation today: Pray. Ask God for ideas or intuition about how to handle or deal with the situation you have uncertainty or indecision about. Sample prayer. God I don't know what to do today. I don't know how to handle (fill in the blank) Please calm my busy thinking, please help me decide what I should do today or how I should be. I humbly ask for your inspiration. I know I should not be running my life my way. Please show me your way. You may find that after this prayer you get some "God ideas" or "divine inspiration". The book says with practice we will get better at it and gain more knowledge of Gods will for us . God ideas and divine inspiration, in my experience, are thoughts of how to apply kindness, patience, tolerance, love and good will toward others.
  4. When finished say the closing prayer: God, please show me all through the day what my next step should be. Please give me whatever I need to take care of such problems. I especially ask you for freedom from self will. God I humbly ask you what I can do for other alcoholics still sick. (pg 164)
  5. Say prayers of your choice: Suggested prayers are the 11th step prayer, 3rd step prayer (pg. 63 AA book) and any other prayers you choose. 
  6. Remember to pray all throughout the day. Big book: As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action. We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day “Thy will be done.’’


Click here for an indepth break down of the 11th step morning meditation taken from the AA Big Book

Click here for a breakdown of evening review portion of the 11th step from the AA Big Book.


For the TSGO of AA group online please visit:

https://aathailand.info



(c) 2016 BringTheHope 
excerpts from AA book under free use policy.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this blog. I finally recovered after years of relapsing by following the spiritual steps and prayers as originally outlined in the Big Book and Twelve and Twelve. I've become disgusted with the nonsense at the meetings and have stopped going but continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I too finally got recovery after years of not following the simple program outlined in AA text. One unfortunate side effect of studying the literature I have found also is realizing how much of the program is NOT talked about in many meetings of AA fellowship. There are however a few around that I've had to work to search out and also make sure I participate in actively. In this way at least the meetings I now choose to participate in are focused towards carrying the message outlined in our literature. At least at these meetings if a newcommer walks in that is a real alcoholic, they have a chance to be presented with the real AA program .. our twelve steps and how to apply them. I hope you make it back to some meetings and share the recovery program we both now is simple and contained in our AA text. Cheers and all the best in AA blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In early recovery (a few weeks) while being sick and weak and not being able to do much, walking around the block is hard, I find this app to be incredibly useful. I can read and meditate and read daily inspirational material. The audio speakers are helpful as well. Have had no problems with app. I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete