Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blogging, AA and recovery.

I have been commenting on a blog by a man who introduces himself as an alcoholic. He believes he is alcoholic and had accosted me for writing on his blog and trying to give him some helpful advice. It's worth repeating some of my replies as I think I've made some good solid points straight from the Big Book of AA.

I just had to write even if you didn't post my last "verbal diarrhea". It takes an alcoholic to think that some guy writing about AA and alcoholism on his blog is trying to control him. Damn it man I'm trying to help you! I believe you are mistaking articulate and informed writing for an inflamed ego. I'll admit I enjoy reading your stories and long for the retirement lifestyle. Promise if you meet me you won't take a swing at me. Although I think you might thank me in a couple of years for being straight and to the point.

I'll tell you, from your replies if I am not on your resentment list I should be. Dare I suggest Nid and the long parade of women who you claim have drove you to drink and harmed you be there too. ~Many alcoholics love to be victims.

It's a standard trait. Goes something like this. "I was just standing there and she came in a screwed up my entire life" "Really mate, I was a saint through the whole thing." I've been a great guy all the while. The world just does it to me every time! How many times I have heard alkys talk this way. Many of us think we are so innocent and the rest of the world just has it out for us. Well, it's all self deception and bad perception as we've created every single problem in our lives. A tough pill to swallow but a necessary one for alcoholics wishing to really work the program of AA. Now, I am not making this up. Look in the book around page 62 and 63.

It was a tough pill to swallow for your's truly. "Our problems are of our own making and they arise out of ourselves". Driven by a hundred forms of fear we make decisions based on self that put us in positions to be hurt. For a long time I just couldn't get that. Then when I did a fourth step i found out that in every single one of the cases where I felt I was wronged. I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE A DECISION THAT PUT ME IN THE CIRCUMSTANCE TO GET WRONGED. A huge revelation for me.

I must say your comments to wallflower were admirable. I do not wish you doom and gloom. I wish you sobriety and above all peace and serenity. These things come at a price though, humility, willingness and open mindedness toward a higher power.

Post or don't post, I hope you read. Be well my friend.

Miracles happen - s&^*%t get's made

No comments:

Post a Comment