Sunday, January 5, 2020

My personal experience with the A, B, C's

a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives. 
  • I can't stop drinking myself and so therefore alcoholic. My life is unmanageable because while drinking I keep messing it up
 
b) That probably no human power could have relieved our alcoholism.
  • I tried and tried on my own human power to stop drinking and I couldn't. I also tried going to lots of meetings and depending on other humans to stop drinking, it worked for awhile longer but I still drank again.
 
c) That God could and would if he were sought.
  • Finally I broke down and stopped thinking my ideas worked for solving my drinking problem. I surrendered in an AA meeting, asked for help and got a sponsor who took my through the steps. From there I stayed sober and been sober the last 26 years... How do we seek God in AA? It's simple. 
DO THE STEPS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment